Tuesday, August 24, 2010

One of "Those" Days

This morning when I awoke, I was already so exhausted. The day hadn’t even begun and every bone in my body was aching. Last night I could not fall asleep because the baby was kicking me and making me so uncomfortable, Emma woke up at 3:15 and then Jonathans alarm was going off at 5:30. WOW, what a night! Well this was just the beginning, after I ate my breakfast my stomach felt terrible, It left me feeling nauseous all morning. At this point my outlook on the day was not very bright. The door bell rang, it was Marilyn! she was coming over to help me clean my house. How selfish am I, all I could think about was my aching body. When right in front of me was Marilyn, who instead of taking time out of her day to come help me, could have been making money. At this point I was starting to feel a little guilty about being so selfish, but to share with you the total depravity of my heart, I will tell you about the rest of my morning.

As Marilyn was vigorously scrubbing my bathroom floor, I was folding laundry. One thing led to the other and the next thing I knew I was looking around my house and backyard becoming mad at Jonathan for not taking care of all the piddly messes. The tension was beginning to rise and I was finding myself yelling at Emma for no reason, just because she was interrupting my scene and causing me to be uncomfortable. Next on the list was to make Jonathans lunch and drive it out to I- 5, another blessing. Here is where I really was able to see my selfishness. Once I got to I-5 and Jonathan was asking me how my morning was going, I started to complain to him and tell him all about the things he’s not doing. Here he was working in the 95 degree heat, dealing with the pressures of the real world, while I was complaining about how “hard” my morning was. How unthankful am I? Well the Lord came to me in my conversation to Jonathan.

What a blessing that we have our husbands to wash us! I’m so thankful that Jonathan was able to show me my sin, not like it was hard to find, now I could enjoy my day and Emma so much more. Also its very convicting for a wife to think about all that her husband does for her in a day and compare it to what she has to do. Let’s admit, in comparison we have the easier job. If I just thought about that I could be convicted 20 million times a day. Good thing the Lord has grace and mercy on a sinner like me! I wanted to share the events of this morning with you to show how the life of real “sinner mom” can be. Praise the Lord that we aren’t supposed to be perfect in our vocations but that they are supposed to cause us to see our sin and make us to cry out for help.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank God with you for Christ-like husbands, dear Molly :)
    20 million times a day? O Yeah. Let's just say we live in a continual state of repentance.
    This post reminded me of that old song...

    It's your kindness that leads us
    To repentance, O Lord.
    Knowing that You love us;
    No matter what we do;
    Makes us want to love You to.

    love, Christal

    ReplyDelete