Thursday, December 16, 2010

Go ye into all the world...

Last night was our annual Christmas performance. Unfortunately I missed last year’s performance. I am so thankful that the Lord has called me out of darkness into His marvelous light. His plan for my life is a much better plan for me than what I could ever come up with. He was able to restore me to all my friends and now I am enjoying choir directing more than ever. This year Jonathan came and we brought along our girls, so many people were blessed to see such sweet little girls, they don't see many children here. In case some of you don't know, the place we sing every year is called the rotary club, it’s an assisted living center for elderly people. You might wonder how we could enjoy singing for this type of audience? Don’t you enjoy singing at the mariners or somewhere with s larger more glorious crowd? Well actually this is one of the greatest crowds to sing to! When we sing here I feel like we connect with people so much more and their appreciation for the music is great!

Last night the man who introduced us started off with a prayer and I thought to myself, wow what has this generation lost? All these people here had no problem saying the name of Jesus, coming together and praying out loud. Needless to say this made it all the more fun to sing for this crowd. Our selections included some patriotic tunes, songs from the 1940's, some Christmas carols and selections out of Handel’s messiah. The children did an outstanding performance! The selections from the Messiah were so powerful and I know that the gospel was being preached though their voices and faces. At the end of the performance this older gentlemen came up to me to ask if he could shake my hand, naturally I said yes! He thanked me for all the songs but in particular for "the white cliffs of Dover". He began telling me his story about the war and how he was a pilot during that time, the actual white cliffs of Dover had significant meaning to him. He really just wanted to talk to somebody; he pulled out a picture of his wedding day and showed me, he had been married for 65 years. Lets just say it was very humbling standing there listening to his story as he thanked me, when in reality I should be thanking him. I believe that singing those songs last night was the best way we could thank all the veterans who have served our country. Music is such a gift we have been given and a great way to preach the gospel


Isaiah 61:1-3

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.






Emma was such a testimony to all of the people there.


Jael came to!



What sweet girls




2 comments:

  1. God really has been so good to us! I'm so thankful I get what I don't deserve and don't get what I deserve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, Molly. I remember your dad telling us that some people are not used to being "Listened to". Even listening and receiving from people can be giving to them sometimes. We have been given the gift of being able to receive our gifts :) if you know what I mean. I always liked singing for these types of crowds. Like you said, so many actual conversations were opened up, I remember... I'm sure God was glorified. See you soon,
    Your sister Christal

    ReplyDelete