Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Baking with Marie

Today Marie came over and we tried out a couple recipes together. I wanted to try this amazing bread I saw a picture of and learn how to make a cheese cake. The bread was called, Parmesan Black Pepper Monkey Bread, doesn't the name alone just sound delicious? I also made a pot roast to go along with the bread so Jonathan could have some gravy to slop the bread in mm..mmm..mmm!!!!!!
We had a great time baking and cooking together, what a gift Marie is to me. Her inspiration for baking and cooking is definitely rubbing off on me, I think this is one of the most enjoyable parts of my vocation as mother and wife. I want to do this much more often, I think its a form of showing your husband you care about him when you can go the extra mile on dinner. Its a warm savory way to say "I love you" when he walks in the house and the smell of simmering onions and home made bread greet him at the door. Anyway both of the dishes we tried turned out amazing (if I do day so myself). Here are some pictures of the wonderful creations, If anyone wants I can give you the recipe to the bread, roast or cheesecake!


Who wouldn't want to eat this for dinner on a cold rainy night?

This is a close up of the bread
Chocolate Cheesecake with a warm caramel sauce on top
So delectable!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, my! It does look scrumptious! I'll have to get the recipes from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Its a warm savory way to say 'I love you' when he walks in the house and the smell of simmering onions and home made bread greet him at the door."

    I couldn't agree more. When John walks in I want him to feel like "Now I'm HOME..." Ahhhh. (A kiss usually helps too ;)

    ReplyDelete