Saturday, January 29, 2011

"Poopy Diaper"

Romans: For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, 23 but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.


I read this story from another blogger and couldn't resist sharing it with all of you mothers. Its a great analogy, hope you enjoy!

We arrived in one piece, car in working order, and just in time. We sat and settled and just as the service was beginning my eldest said, "Mom! {insert name} stinks!!! He pooped. You need to change him." He really did stink....bad. But the service is early and has no willing pianist or organist, so it is spoken and quick so I decided to wait and hope baby boy wouldn't fuss in order to save myself the task and not miss the first half of it. Well, that smell just got hotter and more horrible as time passed. I smelled it all the way through confession, I smelled it all the way through the sermon, and then smelled it all the way through the Words of Institution. It was at that moment that the appropriateness of the smell hit me.

"Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?"

Filthy wretched sinner that I am.

"Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin."

So in all our stinky poopiness we approached the Table of our Lord and as if to drive the point home the smell vanished the whole time I was standing there. And I drank deeply of our Lord. And turning refreshed, I went to change the poop where I was reminded that I cannot possibly return to the Table too soon.

Come Soon Lord Jesus! :D

2 comments:

  1. How often your dad has told the story of a certain 1 1/2 year old (we won't mention any names ;) that would boldly enter a room (usually with a group of people having a meeting or something), walk up to her daddy, point to her diaper, and say, "Ucky in der."

    Often he uses it as an example of how we should come to our heavenly Father, every Sunday, pointing to our HEADS and saying,"Ucky in der!".

    Then He graciously gives to us His Body and Blood, given and shed for us for the remission of sins.
    That is the kind of "change" I need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story, Molly!
    Hearing this can also help us enjoy eachother more!
    I really like your blog.

    ReplyDelete