Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Eyes of Innocence


When I look at this picture of Madelyn so many thoughts run through my head. I look at her eyes and start to ask myself, How do I keep her this innocent, shunned from the word and so pure? I know that there is such a battle for our children these days, the world wants to capture their minds and heart with all its power. The answer to this is Jesus and the word of God. I know in myself I am not enough for her or Emma but through communion with people who are walking before the Lord, I can rest in knowing she will not be captured by this world and its evil and demonic story. The bible tells us very clearly how to raise our children, not that I am the perfect parent, not at all. Following the Word of the Lord and teaching our children as He is commanded is all that I can do, we have to give our children to the Lord, knowing at one point they have to have their own walk before Him. While they are little and live in our home I want to make things as black and white for them as possible, showing them a clear distinction between what is of God and what is of the devil. The promises of God are much greater than the death they could reap left to themself. I probably sound like a young zealous parent to some people, all I know is I HATE the death of this world and don’t want to see my girls swallowed up into it.



Proverbs 8:13

All who fear the LORD will hate evil. Therefore, I hate pride and arrogance, corruption and perverse speech.

5 comments:

  1. I know Molly. I wish "the innocence" could be kept in my babies forever too, that I could spare my children the pain and suffering of sin, but sin is already there - even from conception. And how I try to keep them from being "corrupted", but as they grow I realize I can't because the corruption is not from the outside from the inside. I thank God we are redeemed through Jesus' blood, protected in the holy ark of His church, and called, sanctified, enlightened and kept in the one true faith by the Holy Spirit. It's very comforting to have such a hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Amen. Keep preaching

    Diane Pope

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Molly! The scriptures won't return void.
    And amen to Leah. The ark of God's church is what protects us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! Similiar thoughts have run through my head recently as a I observe my growing family. Today the issure might be one of thinks I own them a drink when we go through Starbucks (unthankful), but tomorrow it could be something else. Our eyes are on the Lord because we do not know what to do. We are not enough. I'm so thankful for the fence of the church that holds us all in and that he continually is bringing back lost sheep (obviously me included).

    ReplyDelete